Pick your favorite, nice sized bowl to make your salad
- Your choice of greens: romaine, kale, spinach, arugula are good options
- Chopped celery
- Sliced cucumber
- Chopped red onion or scallions
- Chopped cherry tomatoes
- Sliced radishes
- Handful of feta, gorgonzola or dairy-free cheese if desired
- Handful of chickpeas
- Handful of raw pumpkin seeds
- Handful of raw cashews
- Top with any protein you desire
Finish with your favorite vegan or dairy-free dressing. I love any of the Tessa Mae’s dressings or Trader Joe’s Vegan Caesar.
This salad is quick, delicious, and filling. It is perfect for balancing hormones and controlling blood sugar due to the beautiful mix of greens, fiber, healthy fats, and protein. It can be adjusted for whatever veggies you have in the fridge. The combinations are endless, be creative and mix it up.
“A salad a day keeps the doctor away!“